Sentia is a high-value solutions provider in the GTA and nationwide. We design and deploy high value IT infrastructure solutions, including a wide range of cloud strategies, business continuity and data protection services.
Less than 10% of companies report that their IT infrastructure is ready to meet the demands of mobile, social media, big data, and cloud applications. Newly-announced POWER8 systems can help you meet these challenges, reduce costs and remove risk from your business.
Benefits of IBM POWER8 Systems:
- Built for demanding workloads with end-to-end performance.
- Compared to POWER7, the POWER8 System has 2.6 x performance per core, 3x Cache, 2x # threads, 3.5 x Memory Bandwidth, 2.7 x I/O bandwidth
- More performance per core means applications require fewer cores resulting in lower software costs
- Reduce response times accelerate critical applications to achieve competitive advantages
POWER8 Innovations are game changing improvements:
- CAPI: Enables some PCIe3 devices to participate in operations at memory speeds, leading to significant performance gains
- Transactional Memory: IBM mainframe technology built on POWER8 systems increases memory performance by reducing lock contention; more parallelism means more with less cost
- Dynamic Overclock: On chip power and cooling monitor provides autonomic adjustment of processor clock to increase speed; reduce response time up to 100X compared to POWER7.
- Improve worker productivity: users wait less on slow applications on new features and not tuning
FREE Migration Service Offer
- Initial meeting with our POWER Systems Specialists to identify workloads that would benefit from improved performance and offer the best return to your business
- Consolidate workload from multiple systems onto one; Sentia can analyze workloads on multiple systems and model them on a single new POWER8 system.
- Sentia can provide a POWER8 system for your use to prove your apps will run on the latest POWER8 hardware with the latest version of your choice of operating system: IBMi 7.2, AIX 7.1 or Linux - Red Hat, SUSE, Ubuntu
Sentia is an expert adviser providing design and deployment of advanced IT infrastructure solutions. Along with comprehensive, battle-tested experience and cutting-edge technology, we bring a passion for partnering. Our goal is to build high-value systems and services to meet the complex requirements of your business, today and tomorrow.