On May 8th, Sentia took part in the iTech Toronto Conference and Exhibition - Toronto's leading IT event for like-minded professionals worldwide.
The event focused on infrastructure, cloud, security, big data and much more. It was a great platform for attendees to get introduced to new businesses, discover cutting-edge technology, develop new contacts and stay up to date on the latest industry trends.
It was our first year taking part in iTech and we were pleased with the traction we received. Our booth saw a healthy amount of traffic throughout the day, and we had some great conversations with several conference goers. The highlight of our booth in particular was creating awareness and buzz for Sentia's new Power AI Innovation Centre
offering the IBM Power System Accelerated Computer Server (AC922)
to view and demo at no additional cost.
The AC922 delivers unprecedented performance for modern HPC, analytics, and artificial intelligence and is the only processor with state of the art I/O sub-system technology. Enterprises can now deploy data-intensive workloads, like deep learning frameworks and accelerated databases, with confidence.
The Digital Transformation in IT - Breakout Session
, our lead solutions architect, delivered a great message on the impact of the digital transformation in modern IT and what businesses can do in order to adapt and not get left behind.
It was standing room only with some good engagement throughout.
Some of the key takeaways were:
- Much of the digital transformation is about using existing infrastructure in new ways. A good example is the retail industry and the use of existing infrastructure to power retail outlets to improve customer engagement, increase revenues and capture valuable customer behaviours.
According to a 2017 Transformation and Technology Survey, organizational digital transformation has seen the most impact in:
- Increasing Operational Efficiencies
- New Products Emerging from Existing Products
- Enhanced Customer Loyalty
- Major Changes in the way we create, deliver, and market our products
- New employee skill needed
- The key business challenges digital transformation faces is a low rate of education and literacy, cost, company culture and a lack of adherence to the change, and no place in existing budget. (Source: Altimeter Digital Strategist Survey)
- Executives expect that IT’s value proposition will shift dramatically away from enablement and operations and towards integration and innovation. (Source: 2017 McKinsey Survey of Business Executives
If you're interested in learning more about this inevitable trend, or if you have any other questions, feel free to contact Stephen directly by dropping him a line.
We also had the opportunity to highlight our partnership with other key exhibitors in attendance like Huawei Canada
Overall, it was a successful event and gave us a great opportunity to meet some new people and get our name out there.
If you attended the show and stopped by our booth, please don't hesitate to contact us for a follow up conversation to discuss your upcoming projects or any other questions you might have.
Keep checking our events page for information on upcoming shows we plan to be a part of in the near future.